Thursday, February 24, 2011

Re-Assemble!

After reading the shop manual, I had the idea that I needed flywheel puller to get this engine timed right. Here's the shop manual:


Join this group to download it.

But actually, thanks to "Alex the Man", this engine was designed very nicely so that I need not take off the flywheel. So I will follow this video:


Everything should apply perfectly, I just have a much dirtier engine. I'm sure I will be using many of this videos for this project. I recommend subscribing to his channel. He mentions in one of his comments that the Honda engines have a wasted spark ignition, so it sparks every time at top dead center. That's pretty cool. Makes everything easier to work with.


Ah, I had to make a makeshift gasket for the cam cover; the old one flaked away and would definitely not be holding any oil in. I read somewhere that you could use a cereal box as a gasket...






This might work for testing purposes... But if it holds oil for more than that, I will leave it! And here it is, going back into the cruddy frame. It kinds of makes me feel like it will work... probably not. Oh, and you can see my choices in reading here... not interested in American Labor History though, it was just a textbook for an online summer class that I failed. DON'T TAKE ONLINE CLASSES. They waste your money.


No comments:

Post a Comment