Thursday, February 24, 2011

More Spending

I ordered some stuff for this project.

A CL 70 frame! 



After tons of research and indecision, I chose this frame. It should give me good leg  room, while being short from front to back. It also has good ground clearance for smaller wheels. The CL 70 is also a very light bike; 150 pounds! The C70 and S65 frames look nice, but they have that metal rear fender and thicker middle which I'm sure adds some weight. I could cut those off, but I don't want to ruin anything that someone might have wanted to use in its stock form. Finally, this was the cheapest frame on Ebay at just 50 bucks!

I hope my C70 swing arm works with this frame. I will also be checking if the fork tube from the Z50 will fit. From this chart, it says it will. I also have an option of putting in the ct90 full fork. Lots of options really…


Choosing a fork is very scary. I don't fully understand what these numbers mean. Again, I don't know much about building bikes! I guess if the bikes are in the same lists, then they will interchange, or at least the diameters of the tubes are. 

I also ordered a ct90 head. I thought this would be good for an 85cc upgrade that I'd like to do later. After looking at the kits, they say to use the Z50 head though… maybe it was a waste of money. 

Prices:

CT90 Head :: $24.99
CL70 Frame:: $49.99
Shipping:: $50.00
Total :: - 124.98

Total Expenses so far:

$324.98


Ah, and here is a nice picture of my C70.



No comments:

Post a Comment