Saturday, March 5, 2011

Swingarm Troubles

Shortly following the good news about the CT90 fork, I ran into some trouble with the C70 swingarm I already had.

The C70 swingarm does match the CL70 frame width and bolts to it quite nicely. I thought I had won.















However, the curved cross brace prevents much suspension travel. Not enough I would think, unless I had really long shocks, and I am not looking to build a dirtbike.
















So I quickly got on ebay and bought a CL70 swingarm. It should work, right? Besides, it was only $10. It's in really bad shape cosmetically. Seems to have about the same travel before the cross brace hits the frame... hmmmm... maybe this is not an issue at all. I'd rather use the C70 swingarm, but they both kind of suck... I will be looking at more swingarms to see what else fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment